Pages

16 February 2015

February Birchbox Review


I have been a Birchbox subscriber for over a year and a half and LOVE it! For me its more than the monthly box of samples selected based on my personality, it's all the extras. Not only can you purchase the full sized version of each sample through their website, but you can review them for points that can add up to free or discounted products. My weakness- limited edition boxes. My addiction to kits and boxes full of goodies led me to Birchbox. Then the combination of samples, full sized items at a discount or free, and even more products has been dangerous to my bank account, but well worth it. And lets not even get in to the Birchbox plus items. 

The Birchbox I'll review first is my February Rent The Runway box that was this month's guest editor curated box. 


I can't get enough dry shampoo's right now so this was a great product for my box. Winter is upon us and it is too cold to have wet hair all the time. I also color treat my hair so skipping the occasional washing helps maintain the color and moisture. This dry shampoo smells fresh without heavy perfume, its light, and works well for adding texture and minimizing oil. I didn't find it to be overly volumizing as per the product claimed, but would definitely buy the full size version. 
Exfoliation is something I cannot live without during the colder months. I am enjoying this sample for its size, texture, and efficiency. Unlike some scrubs, a little bit will actually work its way all over your face and neck. Some scrubs stay put in the area they are applied, but this spreads easily without feeling greasy. The smell is not over powering, a clean, almost bubble-bath smell. 


Body wash- not my favorite thing to get in my Birchbox, but I am trying to broaden my bathing product horizons. This is an interesting product for Birchbox. The back of the bottle states " Love live not going according to plan." Suggesting that this particular body wash (or use in a bath), aids in seduction...(crickets). I thought what the heck I'll try it for its cleaning properties and go from there. Right from the start the smell is very strong and fruity, not for me. I filled a bath with it and the bubbles were nice. A line of men weren't waiting outside my bathroom door when I got out so who's to say it does or doesn't work in a sensual way. My boyfriend did say I smelled nice, but that was all that was said about that. I would not purchase this product in full size, but it was an interesting experiment.


For a slight pop of color this eyeliner is great. It is also a beast to remove. If you are looking for a long lasting dark navy eyeliner that glides on easily and smoothly, this is my recommendation. I prefer gel and kohl liners over pencil and liquid for their workability, which this one has. As a nurse, I wont be wearing this every day, but may try it on occasion for a hint of color. 


This sample is the perfect size for any purse, it smells great and the color is a neutral pink. The consistency was moderately sticky and didn't last long. Also this color was not flattering for my skin tone and hair color. 

In all, I really liked my February Birchbox and can't wait for next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment